California State University, Fresno
California State University, Fresno (also known as Fresno State) was founded in 1911 and is the premier learning community in California’s vast San Joaquin Valley. For more than 100 years the University has invigorated and strengthened Central California. The institution is within easy driving distance of national parks, the Pacific coast and major cities such as Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco. Faculty excellence and dedication ensure that Fresno State remains on the cutting edge of new knowledge; apparent by its nationally and internationally recognized programs. Fresno State graduates are recruited by prestigious employers throughout California, the United States and the World.
Programs in Agricultural Sciences, Biotechnology, Business, Computer Science, Education and Engineering are offered through the university’s eight schools and colleges. Ninety percent of Fresno State's full-time, tenure-track faculty hold doctoral degrees from leading universities. The university also boasts world class facilities including the 365,000-square foot Henry Madden Library, the three-building Science 2 complex, a spacious Student Recreation Center and the new Aquatics Center.
Fresno State operates on a semester system. One semester is equivalent to .50 of an academic year. Two semesters are equal to one academic year. To view academic calendar dates, refer to the campus website or the CSU Campus Calendar found on the CSU Overview webpage located here.
Length of Exchange
Students may study for one or two semesters.
- Location description: Located in Central California in or near a major city (population 300,000 or more)
- Campus enrollment: Over 21,000 students
- Students who can apply: Degree-seeking students nominated by exchange partners. Students must be undergraduate students or graduate students who are willing to accept an undergraduate placement. Graduate student placements are not available at this campus.
Minimum English Proficiency Score Requirements
- ETS TOEFL (Internet-based scores): 61
- IELTS: 6.0
To determine if a test score is required, refer to the document, “English Language Proficiency Requirements.”
Impacted/Closed and Restricted Subject Areas
- Impacted/Closed Subject Areas (which are not available to exchange students): Education (EDU); Nursing (NURS).
- Restricted/Limited Subject Areas (limited places are available and are highly competitive): Business (ACCT, BA, BUS, FIN, HRM, IS, MGT, MKTG).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.